Update on MusiQuEâ€™s review activities 2017-2018 and discussions with institutions and quality assurance agencies across Europe
16 June 2017
MusiQuE is currently coordinating and/or preparing review procedures at the following institutions:
- Kazakh National University of Arts in Astana, Kazakhstan, 13-17 March 2017 (Programme Accreditation - 19 music programmes and 17 visual arts programmes, in cooperation with EQ-Arts)
- College of Music, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand, 15-17 June 2017 (Institutional review)
- Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre, Tallinn, November 2017 (Programme accreditation)
- Escola Superior de Música de Lisboa, Portugal, December 2017 (Programme accreditation)
- Real Conservatorio Superior de Música de Madrid, March 2018 (Institutional review)
- Royal Conservatoire Antwerp, May 2018 (Programme review)
- Royal Conservatory of Brussels, May 2018 (Programme review)
In addition, negotiations with several other institutions and quality assurance agencies for reviews in 2018 and 2019 are taking place in the following countries:
- Czech Republic: the Janacek Academy of Music and Performing Arts, Brno, has approached MusiQuE for an institutional quality enhancement review in 2019.
- Switzerland: several institutions have expressed an interest in MusiQuE’s services.
- Sweden: the Malmö Academy of Music has approached MusiQuE for a programme review in March-April 2018.
- Italy: MusiQuE has been presented to ANVUR, the Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of Universities and Research Institutes, on 6 April 2017. The presentation is available for download here.
- Lithuania: MusiQuE and the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (SKVC) have recently committed to sign a cooperation agreement concerning the organisation of joint accreditation procedures in Lithuania.
- Belgium: the Royal Conservatory in Ghent has approached MusiQuE for a programme review in 2020. Also the Orpheus Institute has expressed an interest in MusiQuE’s services.
- France: MusiQuE has met with representatives of the Conservatoire national supérieur de musique et de danse de Paris (CNSMDP) and the High Council for the Evaluation of Research and Higher Education (HCERES) on 9 May 2017.
- Poland: MusiQuE’s future activities in Poland have been discussed with the rectors of the Polish higher music educations institutions and representatives of the Polish Accreditation Committee (PKA) in a joint meeting on 30 May 2017. The presentation delivered by MusiQuE, including a mapping of the MusiQuE standards for programme review against the PKA criteria for programme evaluation, can be found here.
- Ireland: MusiQuE’s possible involvement in the quality enhancement of the Royal Irish Academy of Music in Dublin has been discussed on 13 June 2017.
- MusiQuE has met with representatives of several national quality assurance agencies at the 7th Members’ Forum of the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA), hosted by the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (NOKUT), in Oslo on 4-5 May 2017.