The MusiQuE Board is responsible for all decision-making and commissioning of actions in relation to the operations of MusiQuE. It is therefore the key entity in MusiQuE’s structure, and its composition, roles and responsibilities have a critical bearing on the effective and appropriate functioning of MusiQuE. An elaborate overview of the MusiQuE Board's role and responsibilities can be found here.
The MusiQuE Board consists of experts appointed on the basis of proposals by three organisations: the Association Européenne des Conservatoires, Académies de Musique et Musikhochschulen (AEC), the European Music Schools Union (EMU) and Pearle*-Live Performance Europe (the Performing Arts Employers Associations League Europe). The proportion of members appointed by AEC shall be in an absolute majority.
- MusiQuE Board member mandated by EMU:
- Helena Maffli, EMU President - nominated in Nov. 2014
- MusiQuE Board member mandated by Pearle*-Live Performance Europe:
- Momchil Georgiev, Secretary General of Bulgarian Association of Employers in Culture (BAROK) - nominated in May 2017
- MusiQuE Board members mandated by AEC:
- Bernd Clausen, University of Music Würzburg - nominated in Nov. 2016
- Gordon Munro, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow (Secretary and Treasurer) - nominated in Nov. 2015
- Martin Prchal, Royal Conservatory The Hague (Chair) - nominated in Nov. 2014
More information on the nomination of the MusiQuE Board members can be found here.
Former MusiQuE Board members
- Christopher Caine, Programme Leader BMus and Head of International Programmes, Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance (Nov. 2014 - Nov. 2015)
- Mist Thorkelsdottir, former Dean of the Iceland Academy of the Arts, former Head of the Academy of Music and Drama at the University of Gothenburg (Nov. 2014 - Nov. 2016)
- Géza Kovacs, Director-General of the Hungarian National Philharmonic Orchestra and Choir, President of the Association of Hungarian orchestras and Vice-President of Pearle*-Live Performance Europe (Nov. 2014 - May 2017)