Evaluation of research activities
These evaluations are based on a dedicated evaluation framework developed by MusiQuE and aim to provide an analysis of research objectives and results within the higher music education context.
A MusiQuE review of research activities aims at providing:
- An analysis of the implementation of the research mission or objectives of the institution within the context of the development of research into-and-through artistic practice;
- An analysis of the specific research outcomes generated in response to these objectives or mission and of their relevance within the European and international landscape of research into-and-through artistic practice;
- An international benchmarking of the impact and significance of these outcomes in relation to the broader music sector on the basis of the aforementioned analyses and the opinion of experts in the field;
- The formulation of a review of any strategic plans for research drawn up by the institution or research institute/unit for the forthcoming years in light of the specific artistic context within which this institution or research institute/unit operates;
- A general conclusion written by international experts from the field on the impact of the research activities, with recommendations for enhancing the quality of these activities;
- If applicable, a follow-up analysis of recommendations formulated during previous reviews and an outline of the evolution that the institution or research institute/unit has made subsequently.