Nomination of a Board member in 2017
There will be one vacant seat on MusiQuE Board from November 2017 onwards, reserved for a student. Board members are nominated for 3 years with the possibility of renewing their term once (i.e. for a maximum of 6 years).
Criteria for the nomination of the student member of the BoardStudents nominated by AEC member institutions should:
- Be enrolled on a master’s or (ideally) a doctoral programme in an AEC member institution
- Be involved in the student association/union/other equivalent body in their institution and, as a result, be experienced in representing other students in decision-making processes
- Be proficient in English (minimum C1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Be critical, solution-oriented and open-minded to various perspectives and methods
- Ideally, have been involved in reviewing institutions or programmes (at national or international level)
- Ideally, have had experience abroad (project, course, ERASMUS year, etc.) during their studies
- Not be involved in the AEC Student Working Group
Application processCandidates for the MusiQuE Board are asked to send their application to the AEC office by email (email@example.com) by September 28th, 2017.
The application consists of:
1. a CV
2. a 1-page motivation letter addressed to the AEC Council explaining the reasons why they wish to become a MusiQuE Board member and demonstrating how their profile meets the criteria
3. a letter of recommendation signed by the legal representative of the AEC member institution nominating them
- October 2017: all applications will be studied by the AEC Council, which will prepare a draft recommendation for the MusiQuE Board, including a list of candidates by order of preference
- November 2017: the AEC General Assembly will be asked to endorse this recommendation, both in terms of the names put forward and the order of preference
- December 2017: the MusiQuE Board will receive the result of the AEC General Assembly endorsement process and will select the successful candidate following a Skype meeting
- January 2018: the successful applicant and AEC Council will be informed of the outcome and the new representative takes up his/her place on the Board.